The chimney gradually abandons the function of raising the temperature of the house, in cold weather, to play the role of sweetening the decor, regardless of the season. This desirable piece in a modern space, especially in the luxurious one, is an attraction, and a reason to make the evenings full … In the following, interior design engineer Patrick Shami talks to “Madam.net” for different types of heaters. , the methods of their selection and the materials used in their construction.
3 types of heaters
Heaters are divided into three categories:
• Wall-mounted wood heaters, which are equipped with chimneys that rise to the roofs of buildings, until they emit carbon dioxide to the top. In this context, the engineer Shami traces the history of the heaters mentioned centuries ago and shows their prominent presence in the French apartments of buildings designed in the Haussmannian style (in relation to the engineer and politician Georges-Eugène Haussmann (1809-1891). , who drafted the plan of Paris in the nineteenth century, with the aim of improving its buildings). He says that “wood fireplaces were known for forming edges around them, using stone or plaster, in later centuries”, and added that “they have been durable, until today, when homeowners they want to make them accompany their modern spaces, in order to absorb the aroma of wood ”.
Follow more: Return to country style in modern home decoration
Finally, wood-burning fireplaces are implemented using materials that suggest a “modern” character, such as iron, with shelves surrounding them.
• gas heating; On the other hand, they require the presence of chimneys, but the difference with those that operate on wood fuel is that the chimneys of the former are short and each is equipped with two pipes, one of which brings oxygen into space, while the second performs the function of removing the heat flow in the front of the building. These heaters are relatively recent, according to Engineer Sham, as they are twenty years ago, with developments that have taken place. The front facades of gas heaters are covered with tempered glass, knowing that one of them can accommodate two facades, so that the part achieves the separation between the two parts of the open space with each other.
Recently popular bioethanol heaters are easy to install because they are prefabricated molds, so the mold is placed on a marble or iron base. The above-mentioned modern heaters do not require the presence of chimneys or the preparation of supplies to accommodate modern spaces, but it is sufficient to have an electrical point for the operation of one of them, by means of a remote control device (remote control). However, unlike the two types mentioned above, the bioethanol energy chimney does not heat the space, but rather is placed in the house, due to the owner’s greed for the atmosphere it creates in the modern space.
In this context, Inxhin Shami emphasizes that “Gas or bioethanol heaters are more common, because they are easily controlled with remote controls and protection systems inside them from any accident with ignition”.
Iron, marble and wood
In addition to the attractiveness of fireplaces, designers also pay attention to the decor that surrounds them, whether in terms of materials with which they work in designs, accessories or sweeteners in which they are distributed … He said: the type of heaters is determined by perimeter design. Classic school lines (or rustic style) are suitable for those working with wood, while the modern trend prevails, with gas or bioethanol fireplaces. “He adds that” iron work has been prominent recently, as it is preparing a combination of Italian marble with wood accents. On the other hand, stone is scarce in modern design around the chimney. “He crystallizes an important point, that” heaters, especially those operating on gas or bioethanol, are not often associated with heating homes located in cold areas, but rather by achieving a comfortable family atmosphere. Therefore, heaters are finally being added to homes located in soft areas. coastal cities or even hot ”.
Follow more: Ideas for using black marble in luxury home decoration
the focal point of the decor
The chimney is a focal point in interior design, so the session (sofa) is distributed around its fireplace, and there are many entertainment media, including: the TV screen, the billiard table or the “baby’s foot” … The chimney gathers members of the house together or they with their guests, or even tempts to relax Next to it is a book.
On the other hand, it is the division between parts of the space, such as the living and dining corners, or the waiting room and the family living room.
Follow more: Tips for decorating the winter house
Tips before choosing a heater
• It is important for the homeowner to reveal to the designer the reason for their desire to include a chimney in their home. great at home while he was grilling potatoes over a wood fire or even pizza (there is an accessory that ensures the chimney is allowed), a wood burning chimney is suitable for him if his house can afford supplies connected to it (construction of long chimney).
• The modern heater, ie the one that runs on gas or bioethanol, is suitable for the modern home and for the owner who wants this distinctive part of his room to enjoy an attractive design rather than heat, without making the effort to function. piece, which is achieved by means of a “remote control”. Note that the gas heater requires specific technical adjustments for the Qastalin area and the location of the gas jar.
- The images are examples of the work of interior stylist Patrick Shammy