- The interior designer prepares the house according to the needs of the client to create a cozy environment
- I am very interested in the quality of the application and the delivery method .. and the 3D images contributed to shortening the time
- There are several stages of interior design, starting with the receipt of the architectural plan and ending with the implementation and submission
- The constant knowledge of the stylist about the latest trends in interior decoration helps him to develop and innovate
- Many young Kuwaitis work in interior design. Technology has greatly advanced this field
- The different cultures between the Arabs and the west are the cause of different tastes and each has its own character in design and implementation.
Interviewer: Ala Khalifa
He entered the world of interior design by chance and through a commercial mindset, so he loved the field and was creative and distinguished in it. He believes that the most important characteristic of the interior designer is punctuality and quality in design, implementation and distribution. as he sees that the different tastes between East and West are due to different cultures. «Alanba» met the interior designer Abdul Rahman Al-Nasr Allah, who told us about the interior design and the stages of design, noting the importance of 3D image, which contributed to the shortening of a long time between the stylist and the client . Al-Nasrallah spoke about the taste of the Gulf and Kuwait in particular and what distinguishes it from the western taste, pointing to the development of interior decoration in Kuwait from the past and how modern technology contributed to bringing about this change. On the other side of the meeting, Nasrallah referred to the difficulties their work faces, especially during the Corona pandemic, which they still suffer to this day, directing his advice to young designers involved in the field. of work in interior design. ensure success and excellence, and the following are the details of the dialogue.
First tell us about your start and why did you specifically choose the field of furnishing?
In fact, I did not study interior design as a study, and the topic started with me as a commercial thought that the market needs interior design, in addition I had a taste and sense of interior design and before I got into in this field, I have worked in several fields, including the field of banking and investment, and administrative work in several government agencies, and I have entered the field of interior design. employee work and coming up with ideas and I was constantly aware of everything that is new in the world of interior design and how to reach the client mentality to know what he wants and try to implement it in a way that matches the ideas and my suggestions, which creates a state of satisfaction for me. Clients announced the final implementation of the project and after a while I felt a love and passion for the field of interior design, which created a state of desire for creativity, innovation and to add something new. in this world.I have taken many training courses in the field of interior design and have mingled with stylists in Kuwait.
Do you like to highlight the interior design?
There is an urgent need for interior decoration in every home and the Corona crisis contributed to the detection of defects that our homes suffer from, especially during the presence of people in their homes for long periods during the full and partial ban, which made them needy. an interior designer to add aesthetic touches to their homes according to their needs and requirements, and currently with Technological development: The client searches the internet, looks at designs and decorations, creates a specific vision for his home and then sits down with the designer to exchange thoughts and ideas to arrive at the final project to be implemented on the ground.
In recent years, the role of interior stylist has become very important in every home and can not be bypassed, but it is urgently needed, and the decorator prepares the house according to the needs of the client to create a cozy environment in the House.
What are the stages of interior design?
The design stages begin when the designer receives an architectural plan from the engineering company, and then the designer distributes the furniture, power points, sewage points and lighting, and then the designer develops new ideas to suit the client’s needs, and then the client chooses his. favorite colors, according to His taste in the choice of colors.
Tell us about 3D images of projects and has it contributed positively to the world of interior decoration?
The 3D image contributed to the reduction of time significantly. In the past, the designer could explain a point to the client, but he understood it in a different way. As for the 3D image, the client saw the project and its design as if it were an outlet in front of him on the ground, which cut down a lot of time and effort between the designer and the client.
What makes you special and different from other interior designers?
What makes an interior designer different from other designers is his idea, distinction, creativity and innovation in this field and his ability to understand the requirements and needs of the client and to add them in line with developments. of the modern era, and I see that every designer has his own taste and ideas away from imitating and repeating the ideas of another designer For me, the most important thing that distinguishes me is the great interest in the quality and the final way of submitting the project.
Where do you get your design inspiration from? Is it your personal taste, listening to the client’s wishes, or a combination of this and that?
Of course, there must be a consensus between the client’s opinions, wishes, needs and requirements, as well as the designer’s ideas and proposals, which he deems appropriate for the implementation of the project. The attraction of modern, advanced and innovative ideas, as well as the variety of materials used gives the designer inspiration during the implementation of the project.
Do you have a specific working mechanism that you follow in implementing your projects to achieve the greatest customer satisfaction?
* Accuracy in project delivery dates and quality of implementation is the most prominent thing that achieves customer satisfaction from designers, and this is what we are trying to follow as much as possible and according to the surrounding circumstances, since delivery dates do not were in the hands of the stylist during periods of complete and partial ban, for example, during the Corona pandemic.
How do you assess the evolution of interior design in Kuwait from the past? Has technology contributed to this development?
* Of course, technology has greatly contributed to the development of the world of interior decoration and currently most clients go to social networking sites and see modern designs, on the basis of which they build their ideas and needs that they discuss with interior designers, implement their projects accurately, so from my point of view technological development has become very fast and the proof is the proliferation of young stylists, men or women in Kuwait, and now they are working on all construction sites and not just in design . companies, and we see Kuwaiti designers working in carpentry in Shuwaikh.
What are the current challenges facing your job, especially after the Corona pandemic, which was also accompanied by a lack of employment?
* Of course the Corona pandemic created some problems that we suffer to this day and it is not over and the damage has been not only to the owners of the companies but also to the customers themselves, especially in periods of total and partial bans. and full accompanying closure, some clients assessed the situation, but there are clients who did not assess and did not understand They expressed their dissatisfaction with the delay in submitting their projects, and we are still responsible for these problems, and currently the cost is increased than before, and workers’ wages have increased, but there are clients who have not understood those changes that accompanied the Corona crisis, as well as the problem of lack of materials than before, with some clients not accepting alternative materials. .
If we compare the interior decoration in East and West, especially the Kuwaiti taste and the Gulf, what distinguishes it from the west?
* It relates only to different cultures. In the Arabian Gulf, we rely on a particular character, especially the character of heritage in designs. As for the west, they have another tendency that suits the nature of their life, so we find that designs depend on the forms of churches and museums, but in the character of the Gulf, we find a focus also on the character of heritage. Moroccan style preferred by many Gulf people.
Would we also like to talk about competition in the domestic market and the criteria on which prices vary?
The competition is about work style, and we have some stylists in Kuwait, some of whom work in furniture exhibitions, some of them address the technical aspect related to implementation, there is competition in the market and it is an honor. Morality-driven competition. Thankfully, the designers in Kuwait are “in one heart” and there is a great collaboration between them. Personally, I am one of the beloved designers who supports all designers if they ask me, with love and appreciation.
What are your tips for new interior designers based on your hands-on experience?
Advise them first to study the client’s personality, needs and requirements so that he can strike a balance between them and his ideas as a designer, his opinions and suggestions. For the need for the designer to be characterized by calmness, mind capacity and tact in speaking, and the designer must be constantly informed to recognize the latest trends in interior design to keep pace with the times.
In conclusion, do you think the need has become urgent in Kuwait to implement projects for entertainment cities, especially after the closure of most of the entertainment and tourist sites in Kuwait recently?
Yes, Kuwait has an urgent need to create recreational cities and tourist destinations needed by young people, adults and young people, explaining that the youth group in Kuwait has become the oppressed group in recreational places and stressed the importance of recreational places to drain the energies of young people and fill their free time with useful issues, noting the spread of violence and quarrels Recently in Kuwait due to the repression in which most young people live and the lack of entertainment venues and tourist, and it is true that there There are many sports venues in Kuwait, but not all young people are athletes, there is a large group that needs recreational venues.
Nasrallah on social media
To communicate with the stylist, Abdul Rahman Al-Nasrallah, through social media:
Zaha Hadid – May God have mercy on him – is a legend that will not be repeated in the world of architectural design
Interior designer Abd al-Rahman al-Nasrallah said during the meeting that one of the most influential figures in his life was Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid, “May God have mercy on him.” The architectural masterpiece and she was very creative in her work, which made her a source of strength for her personally, emphasizing that Zaha Hadid is a legend in architectural design that the Arabs will not repeat.
A letter of thanks, appreciation and pride to designer Latifa Al-Qenai
Nasrallah sent a letter of thanks, appreciation and pride to the designer, Latifa Fouad Al-Qena’i, who was one of his strongest supporters and strongly supported him in his beginnings and encouraged him to enroll in training courses in the field of interior. decoration, saying: “He who does not thank people, does not thank God.” From the world of design, the credit for God Almighty goes to designer Latifa Al-Qanai.